You know that advert for Just Roll ready-made pastry? I would link to it but it’s not worth it. The point is, it’s quite annoying but it’s very accurate; to make the pastry you really do “just roll”. Marvelous.
This week, starving and tired and unable to cope with the thought of going food shopping, we made three types of pastry tarts based on the leftovers we had in the cupboards. This is not a recipe post, and it’s certainly not a look-how-good-my-food-photography-is post (I was so tired, I couldn’t even be bothered to take my camera out of it’s case); it’s more of a here’s-some-stuff-I-ate-which-tasted-good post.
Our three tarts were:
- Cherry tomatoes with basil and Parmesan cheese
- Courgette, tomato, red onion and goat’s cheese
- Leek, bacon jam and cheddar cheese.
And here are the three things I learnt from this meal:
- All tarts taste better with cheese
- Putting your favourite stuff on pastry means it’s going to be the best meal ever
- Bacon jam is surprisingly nice.