I saw this quiz on Rock n Roll Bride recently and decided to give it a go myself. I’m publishing this now, but it was written on Saturday – just in case you’re confused by some of my time-related answers.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
“So. Apart from these details, this could be a college…” – The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
Watching Made in Chelsea, drinking tea and eating a mince pie.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is
6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
22:52. Tut. It’s a school nice as well.
7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Traffic and music – we’re listening to our Christmas playlist on Spotify.
8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
This morning to try and buy a new u-bend for our broken sink. Living the high life.
9. Did you dream last night?
I can’t remember.
10. Do you remember your dreams?
11. When did you last laugh?
12. Do you remember why / at what?
I was telling my mum about my mum about my visit to the fortune teller.
13. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Three music posters; one for Belle & Sebastian, one for Anais Mitchell and one for Slow Club. I love them all.
14. Seen anything weird lately?
The Leftovers. I half-watched it and that was definitely very weird.
15. Do you like to dance?
16. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I’d consider anything, but I don’t have any desire to.
17. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
18. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Some photos from my camera.
19. Type of music you like most?
Honestly? 90s pop.
20. Type of music you dislike most?
21. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Build some wardrobes.
22. What was the last thing you bought?
23. Do you have a garden?
24. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Definitely not. And I don’t want to.
25. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
It can’t be morning already. It can’t be. Tell me it’s not.
26. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Probably M&S. Clothes, food and bedding in one hit.
27. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
Good God no.
28. How many tattoos do you have?
29. What did you do for your last birthday?
Stressed myself out organising my first – and last – birthday party.
30. Do you carry a donor card?
I am a registered donor but I don’t have the card. If I die before I organise that, please could someone refer the doctors to this post?
31. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
My friend Chris after we had our fortunes told.
32. What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
33. Have you ever won a trophy?
34. Are you a good cook?
35. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
I said I’m not a good cook, I’m not a moron.
36. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
I can’t do these questions. I have no idea.
37. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
Yep, it was awful.
38. Think fast, what do you like right now?
39. Where were you on Valentine’s day?
No idea. My house, I’m guessing.
40. What was the name of your first pet?
Dragon. He was a goldfish, and quite evil.
41. How are you feeling right now?
Tired, and tempted to stop this but I’ve got this far I may as well carry on.
42. What do you think about the most?
43. Are you where you wanted to be at this stage in your life?
Yeah, just about.
44. What do you do most when you are bored?
45. What do you do for a living?
Run apprenticeship and employability programmes.
46. Do you love your job?
No. It’s fine.
47. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
I’d blog and write, as well as something part time that got me out and about.
48. What makes a person a good travel companion?
Someone who likes to plan and aimlessly wander in equal measure. Oh, and who let’s me sleep on them when I’m tired.
48. What are you reading now?
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Attwood.
49. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
50. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
No. Trying made me feel sick.
Well that was a fascinating little jaunt through my life wasn’t it? Your turn. x