I’ve been trying to write a new blog post for well over a week, and it’s still not happening. So, desperate to get something published, I thought I’d try and write about why it’s not happening.
I can spot a flare up a mile off; the pains in my body are instantly different and I know it’s the start of the something a bit crap. Today I’ve realised that changes to my mental state come with recognisable signs too. When I can’t write about what I’m doing or how I’m feeling, I know it’s because I’m feeling a little…uncomfortable. It’s not bad, but it’s not that good either. I feel like there are a hundred things I want to write about, but I can’t settle on one. When I try to settle on one, I can’t get the words together. My head is thinking about so many things in so many ways that this meme is the only way I can articulate it.
I’m sad, happy, anxious, excited, nervous, angry, stressed, bored, and everything in between. Mainly just feeling incredibly overwhelmed. I’m sure I’m not alone but my god the nervous energy is exhausting.
So here are the things going on in my head; the big, the little and the completely overwhelming.
- Work (things I have to do, can’t do, don’t know how to do)
- Work (what I want to do with my life)
- Home (buying a house, decorating a house, upcycling furniture)
- My birthday (because I’m always thinking about my birthday)
- Money (lack of it, making it, spending it)
- Exercise (what to do, when to do it, how to do it)
- Pain (new pain, old pain, visible pain)
- Food (eating it, making it, blogging about it)
- BEFSA (fundraising, promoting)
- Clothes (buying them, fixing them, sorting through them)
- Women (equal rights in the work place, in the home)
- Children (having them, not having them)
- Books (what to read, when to read, audio books)
- Podcasts (what to listen to)
- Music (making playlists)
- Allergies (itching, possible food allergies)
- Date nights (whilst saving money)
- TV and film (things I need to watch, or haven’t finished)
I’m off for a lie down.